Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Finding My Pulse


The sweetest thing...
When I write, I often find myself wondering, "Am I representing myself and my life accurately online?"  I want to be truthful without being too nauseating.  It isn’t deep stuff, but important questions that I keep in mind often when I am about to sit down and write about my life.  Sure, I want you to like me, like my friends like me.  I want you to know that I find humor in a lot of the things that I do throughout my day or week.  I want you to know that I am thoughtful and aware.  I want you to see the fun things that my husband and I do together… and apart from one another.  I want you to understand my feelings in dealing with a child with disabilities.  Even more, I want you to love my little Lily (which is pretty easy).  

Life is busy for me, but that isn’t really why I haven’t posted for the last month.  In truth, I did write a few posts about my whirlwind vacation to Europe, but when I read the posts over again, they felt like they had no heart.  No message.  They felt strained and truthfully… a bit boastful.  So, I never posted them.  That doesn’t mean that later down my blog’s road that every so often I might squeeze in some less than glittery snippets of our travels, but they will be included because they are witty or have a fun story that fits in with my message.  Eventually, I really do want to document the Frey family travels so that I personally never forget.  But not now.

I want to get back to writing about the things that I love to write about.  I want to write about what matter's most to me like, how much I love my family and how grateful I am for a divine God that knows me.  Even more, I want to write about Lily, about her progress and how she makes me accountable for being present and joyful every day when caring for her needs.  

So, I'm back folks.  It was a good rest, but oh how I've missed you... and this blog. 

**************************
On the Frey front, Martin just called me this morning high on the summit of the Carstenz Pyramid in Papua New Guinea.  He made it to the top!  Martin's been gone now for 8 days and returns home on Friday.  Yippee!  Boy, we have sure missed him around here.  

Six summits down and one more to go!

**************************
News on the home front.

This little girl is sitting up just perfectly all by herself.  Pretty slick if you ask me.