Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Taking It All In

It's a little too early to really do anything productive and I know sleep is a lost luxury at this point. So, in order to keep me off Amazon, I thought I would recap some more events and photos that were captured this past week. What a beautiful time to be in Utah.


***********************
SUNDAY MORNING and MY OLD LADY SOUL


If you watch "Sunday Morning" with Charles Osgood like I do religiously every Sunday (I even watched it when Charles Kuralt was the host.) I know. Old lady soul, even at 15. Anyway, if you have seen the show and know it's format, then you know that in the last segment, they share with the viewer a bit of nature's glory.  It's always something calm and usually includes some wild geese and/or a running brook or stream. I don't know why, but it makes my skin tingle every time that part of the show airs. I'm a complete sucker and will usually stop and stare at the screen regardless of what I am doing or if I am in a hurry.


Well, here is my version.
There is an area close to my house in Utah that I absolutely love.  I go there almost every Fall and take a walk down it's lanes or just sit there and look at the trees and the colors changing from green to various hues of gold.  I love the seasons, but I love Fall the most.  After a day like I had Monday, I needed some cooling off time away from everything and everybody.  So, I took a little time to myself that day and drove over to this street and just sat and took it all in for about 15 minutes. I said a little prayer of gratitude to God and asked him for a few favors in Lily's behalf. I felt peace and that was all I needed. 

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God.
Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles."   ~Anne Frank 

Once home, it was back to celebrating the harvest by showering trick-or-treaters with candy. Candy that I craved as a kid, but not as an adult. I have to do it that way, or there would be no candy to offer.
***********************
BELL CANYON
The Family
Here are some photos of the hike that Martin and I took on Saturday up to Bell Canyon.  It was the perfect day. PERFECT!

And a little more Sunday Morning nature for you to enjoy. Even though it's Wednesday.
Close your eyes and try to hear the sound of the stream trickling down the mountain.  
***********************
Take some time to revel in the beauty.  
It is a calm that I feel and can never fully explain.
Happy November!
-Kym