Tuesday, November 1, 2011

All Hallows' Eve Wrap Up

Lily doing her best,
"Baby takes a day off"
Halloween outfit.
 
My car broke down on Sunday, triggering a day of mishaps, some laughter, but mainly mishaps, on Monday, All Hallows' Eve. Only fitting for the Grim Reaper's day of reaping and toiling, right? Anyway, everything started off way too early yesterday since I had to get my car down to a mechanic—then drive Martin to his office, downtown before sunrise. (I'm exaggerating on the sunrise bit, but it gives you a good mental picture of my bedraggled-ness already). 

  Kym's Daily Equation of Productivity
Broken Car + Headache(y)/4 hours of sleep = Trainwreck

Being up so early, I didn't have time to get Lily dressed and, of course, from the reflection staring back at me in the mirror, I couldn't help but realize how similar I looked to Nick Nolte's mugshot. I can't lie, my hair was still not brushed and, perhaps, my clothes might have been from the day before.  It goes without saying that if I wasn't going to take the time to brush my hair or change my clothes, there was NO WAY I had even considered make up. This is always my favorite look, "The Look of Despair" whilst roaming the aisles at the local grocery store, Home Depot and Target at these wee hours.

I accidentally turned my iPhone camera on
me thinking I was taking a pic of Lily at Home Depot yesterday.
I'll regret posting this photo later, but again, it best exemplifies my creeper-reaper look throughout the day, yesterday. No need for a costume. In fact, hurry and look at it, because I may get back from the store and take it down from horror and embarrassment.  Keep calm, Kym.

**************
It's Party Time!

Not that this photo is much better, so just
stare at the little girl in pink. 


The pictures above best showcased my Vietnamese costume where I looked more like a field laborer. Meanwhile, Lily is posing as a wealthy land baroness from China.  These were taken the night of our Primary party held at our local ward/church. I'm a bit confused as to why my head looks inordinately large.  

Lily's 100% silk outfit was a purchase I made on a trip to Thailand this year.  I mention the pureness of the silk's quality not to propose that I only buy the best, but simply to explain that I couldn't keep that kid on my hip the entire night!  Between our two silken, friction-less outfits, I felt like I was holding onto a piglet slathered in baby oil all night.  Slowly she would shimmy from my hip, then down to my thigh, over my knee and then eventually down to my foot—making the night more like a workout than a night out.  Most of my conversations ended at my knee. Next year this little slithering piece of love had better be standing on her own! 
**************
Work Party!
All Sports Guy with his Little Chinese Land Baroness
Martin had forgotten about his work's Halloween party on Friday, so he had to scramble and use items from the back of his car and was able to throw this outfit together.  He was an, "All Sports Guy." Funny, because he met me at the front door with a tennis racket, backpack, climbing pants, running shirt and ski boots on his feet.  Who has ski boots in the back of their car even when it hasn't even snowed yet?  Actually, I take that back, I can name 2 friends whose husbands probably do as well. But anyway... it was hilarious.

Martin always likes to be prepared in case a friend calls him up and asks if he wants to go play.  He is the quintessential Boy Scout. (In fact, all of his friends, if you're reading this, CALL! He is getting antsy and I am having to play your part. Which I'm not all that good at doing.)

Me and my little China doll.  She really is.
**************
All Halloweenie!
Here are some actual photos of Miss Lily Pad on Halloween greeting the trick-or-treaters with candy.

I tried putting cute little Geisha makeup on her but every time I went to put on the lip gloss, she'd lick the top of the tube.  Then when I tried putting on the heavy powder, she'd start sneezing.  I decided I'd given it a good fight and finally abandoned my efforts.
 
Notice her Chinese handcuffs?
She couldn't get enough of them locking up her fingers.
She is lovin' all the loot!
The original hat for the outfit, but the braid ended up in her mouth most of the night making her look like a dog carrying around it's bone.  So, I eventually had to switch hats AND countries for her.
**************
Car Update: Car is back home. I guess it broke a ball-bearing in my right tire and my rear-end brakes were shot. If I got the specifics wrong it's because I was too busy staring at all the grease under my mechanics fingers.  All I know is that between my two speeding tickets and repairing my car, I'm turning into a liability to my family.  Huh, hardly!

P.S. To add insult to injury, I just looked down at Lily playing beside me in my office and she is chewing on my signed copy of, "The Good Thief" that my mother-in-law lovingly stood in line for me to get the authors autograph.  Argh! 


P.S.S. I did brush my teeth Monday morning.  In fact, oral hygiene is high on my list of MUST DO's every day, 3 x's a day!