Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sometimes I Get Lucky.

Not sure if I mentioned, but we are in New Jersey for Thanksgiving.

I don't have a computer this week (Computer is too heavy + Lily = I'm pooped.) So I'll try and eek out a post via my cell phone. Pardon any errors as my phone or myself, for that matter, aren't so "smart" without my computer.

Here goes..

I'm a lucky girl. Since Martin is from the East coast, we get to go and visit his family in New Jersesy for the holidays.

Don't believe those stories of it being the armpit of the East coast or as cultured as "The Situation."

I LOVE New Jersey. It is so beautiful and green while each home is lovely and sprawling over an acre of land ( at least where we are visiting).

I especially love spending time with Martin's extended family. I'm lucky. Each individual in Martin's family is dear, refined and educated.

Plus, a huge bonus about coming for a visit is that we are about 20 minutes away from New York!

Me driving into the city. Wahoo!

Since we've been here, I have been on the search for the best pizza in New York AND in New Jersey--which means I've pretty much have had pizza in some form or another every day since we've been here. Which means, so has Lily. Poor kid.



*************
Our first stop in Nueva York, we went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
I HEART The Met.
So does Lily.
How Lily interprets my constant talking. Her inner dialogue, if you will.
Inside The Met.
I love this sculpture by Rodin. Maybe a bit "racey" but I love it's meaning and symbolism.


Some of the Impressionists.





Some of my favorite pieces and people.
Gustav Klimt still kills me.
The beautiful aristocracy before the Windsors.
And then there's Jackson Pollock. And...
Rothko, and...
Me and Lily.


And... Little sideways people.

This bust has an amazing resemblance to my friend Steve Hart. So I always go and visit him to say, "hi" to my friend.


I had to sneak this one before I got shackled and taken away in cuffs.
More later, so much more to share. Needless to say, we are making the most of every minute.
I survived. We closed the place down. The Met around 9:00 pm.

We are having a grand time!

So far... I am one lucky girl. Yes, indeed.

So excited for Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
-Kym


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone